Event Restrictions due to COVID-19
Events for up to 25 people will be allowed in the Garden ONLY, with the following mandatory restrictions set in place by the owners of the Moffatt-Ladd House and Garden historic site, The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the State of New Hampshire.
- 25 people total are allowed. This means that for a wedding, the number includes the bridal party, officiant, guests, photographer(s), videographers, musicians, or any other people participating in, or involved with, the event in any way.
- Social distancing will be required. Couples or family groups living in the same household may sit together if their numbers/size can be ascertained prior to the event. Groups must be separated from each other by a space of 6 feet, at minimum, in accordance with restrictions in place at the time of the event.
- Guests and members of the wedding party must wear masks. During the ceremony itself, the bride and groom and the officiant may temporarily remove their masks.
- No restrooms or changing areas are available.
- No food or drinks.
- No smoking, vaping, or use of tobacco or nicotine products on the premises.
- The Warehouse and House will be off-limits.
- The Event Coordinator must be on site for all aspects of the event and during the event itself. There will be no entrance to the property before the Event Coordinator’s arrival.
- If rain or inclement weather is anticipated, we will do our best to make last-minute accommodations, including allowing the couple to have their ceremony earlier or later on the reserved day; or to postpone to the following day.
- If the event is in the lower garden, the event must take place after hours, with a start time of 4:30 or later. Wedding guests will be asked to wait to enter until the garden is closed to the public.
- Events may take place in the upper garden during open hours. If this is the case, guests will be allowed to enter 30 minutes prior to the event, at a separate entrance that does not interfere with public access. Wedding guests will not be able to enter the lower garden until numbers in the lower garden are small enough to accommodate additional visitors exiting from the event.
- The maximum event duration is 2 hours.
The garden may be rented for functions and is a particularly lovely setting for weddings, wedding receptions, anniversary parties, etc. For more pictures of the garden, please scroll down or view our garden page. Please take a look at our FAQ section below, which will hopefully answer many of your initial questions.
The Moffatt-Ladd Warehouse is available for rentals, including weddings, cocktails, and other parties, meetings, lectures, and presentations. The building can accommodate up to 90 people standing and approximately 50 people seated. We also have AV equipment available to use for your presentation needs. Please take a look at our FAQ section below, which will hopefully answer many of your initial questions.
A site visit is strongly recommended; reservations are required for site visits. Please reach out to Stephanie with well enough notice to book your appointment. We cannot accommodate those who simply show up. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please do not fill out any form and send in payment without corresponding with our events coordinator first. Reservations are not valid until the Events Coordinator has given confirmation.
What is your capacity?
Generally, we suggest no more than 120 guests under a tent outside for a reception. For ceremonies, our garden can accommodate up to 150. HOWEVER, in the event of rain, our indoor facility (the Warehouse) can only fit a maximum of 110 guests.
Are you open all year round?
All of our events are outdoors and therefore weather dependent/seasonal. Typically, the garden is at its best mid-May to mid-October.
What are your rates?
We charge an hourly rate which must include set up and break down time. A minimum of two hours rental is required. Please remember to factor in this extra time into your total rental.
What does my rental include?
We only provide the space. All outside contractors such as caterers, tent rentals/chairs, florists, photographers, performers are the responsibility of the renter and must be approved in advance.
What happens if it rains the day of my event?
We do not refund for inclement weather. However, we offer the Warehouse as a backup space, free of charge with a capacity of 110.
Is the garden available for photography sessions?
Yes, the outdoor space is available for photography sessions for a fee of $100 per hour (rate applies to photography-only sessions). These sessions must be reserved at least one week in advance and they are subject to availability.
We are an historic house museum, open to the public, owned and operated by The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the State of New Hampshire, and therefore have more restrictions than other venues. Our first priority is historic preservation and may not fit every renter’s vision.